Sunday 25 September 2011

Amsterdam.................


Home to tolerated drug use and the red light district. Everybody loves Amsterdam (well, me anyway) and it’s the only place necessary where you should buy an "I Love Amsterdam" t-shirt, to remember the fantastic time you spent there!

(This picture was actually taken in Ibiza, I just wanted everyone to know I had been to Amsterdam and that it was very enjoyable, hence why I am wearing the t-shirt)

When arriving in Amsterdam I was overwhelmed by the use of bicycles being ridden. Every person and their dog owned one, making it an easy and cheap way to see the sites of Amsterdam. We even used them to get home after long nights out; well we didn't ride them, but were ridden home on them...

 

For the more cultured individuals it is defiantly worth taking a stroll to the Van Gogh museum, or a tour of Anne Franks home, both located in Central Amsterdam. However if you are short on time, there our Canal cruises that leave frequently from a variety of stops that take you past Anne Franks home.



Overall Amsterdam was a lovely place to visit, the people were extremely friendly and the atmosphere was very laid back. I would definitely want to travel back the next time I visit Europe.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment